7 REASONS WHY THE MERCY-4 IS THE EASIEST KIT ON EARTH
1. Stretching the Fiero body 10.5” was solved by using a “F-body donor car” which is only 3” shorter than the desired 104” wheelbase required for a Lambo body-kit; therefore, no stretch is required for the Mercy-4. Note: a “F-body” car means the “body style” Firebird or Camaro that we recommend for the Mercy-4 which is 1993 to 2002 year models.
2. Mounting the Body-Kit onto the Donor car and we solved that by offering a pre-fab, metal mounting kit that you simply center-up on the Firebird and then weld the “metal cage type” “pre-fabed metal mounting kit” onto the Firebird or Camaro.
3. Trimming the windshield means that most Lambo kit-car projects require you to hand-cut a 1996 Nissan Maxima or similar windshield to fit the body-kit and many times you will break a windshield before you get the glass trimmed to fit the body-kit. (note: if you do however need to trim a windshield for another type body-kit go to the accessories page under the glass tab to learn how to trim a windshield the easiest way.)
We solved that issue by designing the Mercy-4 to accept the factory 1996 Nissan Maxima windshield without trimming or cutting the glass.
4. Upgrading the weak Fiero’s motor, transmission, brakes and suspension was solved by using the “F-body” donor car which has heavy-duty brakes, suspension, transmission and V8 motor.
Note: The “F-body” car is comparable to the corvette and the only real difference is that the Corvette’s suspension is slightly stiffer than the Firebird’s which gives the corvette a rougher ride. the Corvette's horse power is only slightly higher because even though the Firebird and Corvette have the same motor the Corvette has a less restrictive exhaust system which gives it more horse power. Some people do 3 quick and easy thing to a Firebird to increase the car from 400 h.p. to around 450 h.p. and that is first they add a "K and N air filter" under the hood which allows the car to get more air, then secondly they cut the catalitic converters off the car because most cars with around 100k miles on it has the catalitic converters stopped-up (Note: some laws will not allow the catalitic converters removed so check with an attorney or muffler shop and some states require an emissions test.) And thirdly they add a Flow-Master or Norla exhaust to the Firebird which is less restrictive than the factory exhaust. these 3 things make the car louder and much more powerful.
5. Lambo doors have always been an area that took a lot of time on any Lambo body-kit, in order to get them working correctly and we solved that because the Mercy-4 doors are a little bit larger than the Mercy-2 doors and it makes it much easier to install working door glass because you will have more room to work, and the glass has more room to raise and lower.
6. Upgraded options: Upgraded options means it takes time and money to upgrade the Fiero with good working a/c, cruise control etc. and we solved that because with the “F-body” car you automatically get all those options plus anti-lock brakes and traction control, etc. without spending any extra money or time. plus because you will have a v8 motor you can add a used Borla exhaust from Craigslist or eBay and the Borla exhaust will make the car sound high-pitched like the European Supercars.
7. The Money and Time factor: the money factor means that, if you lack the fabrication and welding skills required to complete your “Fiero to Lambo” body-kit and; therefore, had to “sub-contract the work” to a “body-shop” or “Lambo building shop” many people found that by the time they paid to have the Fiero stretched, upgraded and completed that they had spent more money than they expected. that is why we suggest you place an ad with your local “Craigslist” or “employment office” and hire a welder/ fabricator person to come to your house and work by the hour you can rent a welder if need be. Below we explain how we solved the money issue.
-The time factor means that most Kambo projects end up taking more time than the owner expected.
-The Time and Money issues are both solved with the Mercy-4 because if you buy the Mercy-4 body-kit with the pre-fabed items; like the metal mounting cage and the Lambo door, you can complete your car easily within 3 to 4 weeks and that includes paint; as long as you have all your parts like wheels, tires, glass and stereo, etc. when you start your Mercy-4 project.
-The money issue was solved because you can buy a slightly damaged “V8” “F-body” donor car for around $2,000.00 and it will not require all the expensive modification like the Fiero. Note: This is a fact because with the Fiero you are trying to “build and beef it up” which takes time and money, but with the “F-body” Firebird all you are doing to get it ready is “tearing it down” with a metal cutting saw which does not take much time or money.
To place your order for a Mercy-4 body kit you need to do 3 things. 1.Decide exactly what you want.. 2.Email us a "request for an invoice" and explain what all you are ordering. We will e-mail you a detailed invoice. 3.Pay the $500.00 deposit (which is subtracted from your total.) so we can start your order.
Please be prepared to pay the balance in full within 10 days of us notifying you that your order is ready to be shipped and currently we can have a body-kit ready to go within 3 weeks.